"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

10/29/2014 - Ryan Hunt - Australia

We list all 2014 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2014 or Attack these include attacks and other shark related incidents for ocean goers safety...
helmi

10/29/2014 - Ryan Hunt - Australia

Post by helmi »

Surfer undergoes surgery after shark attack near Old Bar, NSW

2014-10-30

A junior professional surfer has undergone surgery after being bitten on the foot by a shark at Old Bar east of Taree.

Ryan Hunt, 20, suffered a deep wound to the top of his left foot in the attack on Wednesday evening.

He is now in a stable condition at Manning Base Hospital and hopes to be allowed home tomorrow.

"The teeth have bitten down to the bone, so there'll still worried about infection on the bone and deep-tissue infection," he said.

"So I'll be in hospital all today, and depending how it goes - if everything goes well - I'll be out tomorrow."

Mr Hunt said he was riding small waves at Wallabi Point when he felt something attach to his foot.

In a post on Instagram he said he gave the shark a couple of kicks in the head after it "went at him" twice, and then he swam to shore.

A friend applied a tourniquet to his leg before driving him to the hospital.

Mr Hunt said it was not his first encounter with sharks in the surf but it was the first time one had attacked.

"You do see the odd shark from time to time, but they're never really aggressive or anything," he said.

"I think the only reason this one bit me is because I was in the wrong spot at the wrong time, I've put my foot down near its head and it's bitten me."

Mr Hunt competes in World Qualifying Series and Junior Pro surfing tournaments across the globe.

He said he planned to be back in the water as soon as possible.

"Yeah I'll be back competing as soon as I can," he said.

Source: ABC News.

Related News-Video on Shark Year Magazine :
MRTimes: Shark attack at Wallabi Point – 10/29/2014
http://sharkyear.com/2014/mrtimes-shark ... 92014.html

-

Return to “2014 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2014 or Attack”