"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

11/02/2005 Jake Daneman ( California ) No Injury

Shark Attack Survivors News Archive for Shark Attacks in 2005
sharkbait
Site Admin

11/02/2005 Jake Daneman ( California ) No Injury

Post by sharkbait »

Jake Daneman were surfing 100 yards from shore off Ocean Beach, San Francisco, I saw ‘death’ in the form of a 12 – 14 inch dark gray dorsal fin about 20 feet away from me

Ocean Beach — On November 2, 2005 Jake Daneman and Jonathan Sofer were surfing 100 yards from shore off Ocean Beach, San Francisco. It was 7:15 AM and they had been in the water 30 – 45 minutes. They had surfed together about 20 minutes when Sofer began slowly drifting south until he was 200 yards from Daneman. Water and air temperatures were estimated to be in the low and mid-50s respectively with the sky overcast. The water was about 20 feet deep with a visibility of less than a foot and a wind swell of 3 – 5 feet. Daneman recounted; “I dropped into a right breaking wave, which is my backside, and continued to do a hard bottom turn. Suddenly the back of my board jolted about a foot and a half or so and I fell off into the water. I recovered my board quickly to avoid the second wave and as I looked up I saw ‘death’ in the form of a 12 – 14 inch dark gray dorsal fin about 20 feet away from me. It was swimming parallel to me for several seconds and then proceeded to slowly descend. I caught the next wave to shore and ran the last 50 feet to dry sand where I preceded to expunge my breakfast.” White Sharks are known to frequent the Ocean Beach area. Caution should be exercised when utilizing this location for your ocean water activities.

http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/p ... s_2005.htm

Return to “2005 Reported Shark Incidents”