"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

03/17/2022 - Tim McAndrew - NSW Australia

Recent Shark Attacks in 2022 Latest Shark Attacks as they happen in 2022. We also include Shark Attack Related Incidents as they occur in 2022.
alb

03/17/2022 - Tim McAndrew - NSW Australia

Post by alb »

'My wife didn't believe me': Tradie bitten by shark seconds after getting in the surf

A tradie heading for an after-work surf at a NSW beach was bitten by a shark before he even had the chance to catch a wave.

Tim McAndrew had just paddled out at Crowdy Bay on Tuesday and tightened his ankle strap when he felt something hit his right side.

"I thought it was one of my mates playing silly buggers… trying to scare me," he told Nine.com.au.

"I was in the water for a minute... I turned around to my right and said what the f--- was that, saw a bit of red in the water and realised I'd been bitten."

The 32-year-old yelled out to his two colleagues who had been working with him in nearby Harrington to stay out of the water.

He managed to paddle to shore while a colleague grabbed a first aid kit from one of the utes and patched him up "as best they could".

On the way to hospital, Mr McAndrew said he rang to tell them he was coming, and they told him he was the second shark attack victim that hour.

"Then I let my wife know she didn't believe me.

"No one really believed me," he said.

Once he got to emergency, the tradie ended up chatting to another man who had also been bitten at Crowdy Bay.

The shark left bite marks and puncture wounds on his ankle and lower leg.

Mr McAndrew is from the NSW Hunter region but had been in Harrington on a job, and said he hopes to be back on the tools next week.

"It's more the swelling of my ankle, the impact… yesterday I looked like I had severe gout, but it's gone down a bit," he said.

It is unclear what breed the shark was and he didn't get a good look at the creature.

https://www.9news.com.au/
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2022 Latest Shark Attacks Recent Shark Attacks 2022”