"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

10/07/2020 - Mark Bowden 31yr - Florida

We list all 2020 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2020 or Attack these include attacks and other shark related incidents for ocean goers safety...
alb

Re: 10/07/2020 - Mark Bowden - Florida

Post by alb »

Santa Rosa man recounts Florida shark attack, says it's likely he'll get back in the water

A Santa Rosa man says he's lucky to be alive after being attacked by a shark in Florida.
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (KGO) -- A Santa Rosa man says he's lucky to be alive after being attacked by a shark in Florida.

31-year-old Mark Bowden was bitten in the leg while body surfing in Miami Beach Wednesday.

RELATED: Husband attacks great white shark that bit his wife

"I said did you feel that and he said 'no'!" That was Bowden referring to the moment when he was bitten six times by a shark. Officials believe it was either a black tip shark or a baby bull shark.

"I was probably up to here in the water and it just felt like something punched my leg really hard. Saw how there was a big chunk taken out of it and I don't know, luckily it didn't hurt at all," says Bowden who was then able to get out of the water and run to a lifeguard stand as he bled. "You know, I've heard shark teeth are like surgeon's scalpel blades, they're just so sharp. And so, I think it was a mix of that and adrenaline. I didn't feel any pain," he said.

Seconds later Bowden's girlfriend could be seen holding up his leg as paramedics worked to stop the bleeding.

VIDEO: Pregnant woman pulls husband to safety after shark attack in Florida

Listen to a mother's frantic 911 call as her son is attacked by a shark while snorkeling in the Florida Keys.

In a phone conversation Thursday, Bowden told ABC7 News he was body surfing and excited to do so along the famous South Beach while on vacation with his girlfriend. He says there were so many fish in the water and he felt like one with nature before the attack.

"I've surfed a lot in Northern California, Bodega Bay and I've never experienced that."

While Bowden did have to have surgery and stay overnight at the hospital he is now out and expected to make a full recovery.

In fact he hasn't ruled out eventually going back into the water, "I think at some point I'll go back in, plus, I'm thinking, what are the chances of having two shark attacks? That's gotta be zero."

Bowden owns an organic tea company in Santa Rosa called Tea and Trumpets. He sells at farmer's markets and to restaurants, cafes, and grocery stores.

When asked if he'll add shark teeth to his menu, he laughed and told us maybe 'shark tea' in the future.

https://abc7news.com/
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net
alb

10/07/2020 - Mark Bowden 31yr - Florida

Post by alb »

Shark at Miami Beach
Man hospitalized in stable condition after shark bites leg
Published October 7, 2020 • Updated 2 hours ago
100720-Miami-Beach-shark-bite-victim.png
Carolina Peguero has the latest on a shark attack that left one man with a serious leg injury on Miami Beach.

A man was hospitalized after he was bitten by a shark at Miami Beach Wednesday, prompting officials to warn beachgoers not to enter the water on a stretch of the beach.

Officials said the 31-year-old man was bitten by a Black Tip shark near 10th Street and suffered an 8-inch laceration below his knee.

He was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center as a precaution and was in stable condition, officials said.
A man was bitten by a shark at Miami Beach on Oct. 7, 2020.

Officials said beachgoers were being warned to not enter the water in the area near the lifeguard towers between 5th Street and 15th Street as there appeared to be a number of bait fish schools nearby.

https://www.nbcmiami.com
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2020 Shark Attacks and Shark Attack Related Incidents”