"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

07/31/2020 - Maximus Chilton 15 yr - Alabama -USA

We list all 2020 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2020 or Attack these include attacks and other shark related incidents for ocean goers safety...
alb

Re: 07/31/2020 - Maximus Chilton - Alabama -USA

Post by alb »

Witness recounts aftermath of possible shark attack at Orange Beach
Local News

by: Cody Long
Posted: Jul 31, 2020 / 09:00 PM CDT / Updated: Jul 31, 2020 / 10:07 PM CDT

ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) — A teenager walked over to help another teenage boy he saw seemed to be hurt at the beach, but when he got closer, he realized it was much more serious than he first thought.

“I was walking over there thinking he got stung by a stingray or something and he’s burning, then I walk over there and a chunk of his foot is missing,” Gavin Green said. “I’m like yeah, that’s not a stingray.”

This happened in front of Phoenix IV just before 1:30 p.m. Friday.

Green said he saw the boy and his dad a few minutes before this moment near a sandbar far from shore. The boy’s father reported seeing a lot of fish in the area. Neither the boy nor his father ever saw a shark.

“All I see is him sitting on the shore with blood going everywhere,” Green said.

Green is 14 and the boy who was bitten is 15.

“You could see individual teeth marks,” Green said.

Green doesn’t know the boy or his family, but he did what he could to help. He and several others tried to help the boy as lifeguards got there, and they all worked to stop the bleeding.

“I don’t think he even knew he was actually injured until he got onto shore because he seemed fine until he sat down and saw it then he just started crying and telling people to come help him,” Green said.

The boy was taken to a hospital and is expected to be OK.

https://www.wkrg.com
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net
alb

07/31/2020 - Maximus Chilton 15 yr - Alabama -USA

Post by alb »

A teenager is recovering from a shark bite in Orange Beach, Alabama.

Chilly Chilton and his two sons, Maximus and Chase, were vacationing in Orange beach July 31.

One of their favorite past times is swimming out to the sandbar, a shallow area where they could play, swim and dive for shells. The three made it safely out to the bar and were enjoying the best day of their beach vacation.

“We were making plans for tomorrow to return with goggles, so that we could dive for shells and sand dollars,” Chilly said on Facebook.

Out of no where the waves began to fill with large 2- to 3-foot long fish.

“It felt weird to us, so we all agreed to get off the sandbar and head back to the beach.”

The three began to swim the 80 to 100 yards back to the sand with Maximus in the lead. They had just gotten off the sandbar when Max said something grabbed his foot.

Chilton instinctively stepped behind Maximus and looked into the water.

“…as I looked back saw the very thing you never want to see…it was a large shark. It was there and then it wasn’t.” Chilly said.

Chilly comforted his son by saying it wasn’t a shark and that his foot was not bleeding. The trio headed in with Chilly swimming behind Max, just in case the estimated 4- to 5-foot shark came back.

Once the group was back on the beach someone called 911 and several Good Samaritans rallied to carry Max up the beach. Before they had the chance, beach patrol showed up and then paramedics.

Max was taken to South Baldwin Medical Center by ambulance where he received more than 25 stitches.

Through the ordeal Max stayed strong. Chase said he felt like God cleared the way as if they made it from the sandbar to the beach in seconds.

Chilly said that they understood the risk and that sharks are in all oceans. He also stated that bacteria currently found in the Gulf could be far more dangerous than the shark bite.

He also stated a concern that after Max’s bite was confirmed to be from a shark, no other other beachgoers were warned. Chilly, who is an executive pastor at Faith Church, has asked for prayers that Max heals well and no infection or bacteria sets in the wound.

https://www.trackingsharks.com

Orange-beach-shark-attack.jpg
Orange-beach-shark-attack.jpg (222.42 KiB) Viewed 5569 times
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2020 Shark Attacks and Shark Attack Related Incidents”