"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

02/10/2019 - Karl Waters - Australia

We list all 2019 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2019 or Attack these include attacks and other shark related incidents for ocean goers safety...
alb

02/10/2019 - Karl Waters - Australia

Post by alb »

Karl waters shark attack Groote Eylandt, an island off the Northern Territory coast shark attack

Shocking pictures show spear fisherman's horrific injuries after being attacked by a four-metre shark trying to steal his catch

Karl Waters was spear fishing with a mate in the ocean off Groote Eylandt, an island off the Northern Territory coast, when a shark tried to take the trout he had just caught ©
Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Karl Waters was spear fishing with a mate in the ocean off Groote Eylandt, an island off the Northern Territory coast, when a shark tried to take the trout he had just caught

A spear fisherman has come away from a shark encounter with a horrific injury.

Karl Waters was spear fishing with a mate in the sea off Groote Eylandt, an island off the Northern Territory coast, when a shark tried to take the trout he had just caught.

The four-metre white tip shark didn't try to attack him directly but in going for the fish, his arm has ended up in the shark's mouth.

'The shark has come in underneath us to try and get the trout and it's missed the trout and as it's gnashing its teeth... I'm trying to grab it the shark has hit my arm with its mouth open,' he told the Northern Territory News.

'It hasn't bitten me I've just ended up in its mouth it's caught the top of my arm with its teeth and made a mess.'

He said he surprisingly didn't feel any pain, except for a pressure as if someone was giving his arm a firm squeeze.

After making sure the cuts missed any major nerves or arteries, Mr Waters said he swam back to his boat and applied pressure to the wound while they headed back to shore.

Emergency services, including a CareFlight helicopter, ferried Mr Waters to the Royal Darwin Hospital where he received 30 stitches.
a close up of a person: He said he surprisingly didn't feel any pain except for a pressure as if someone was giving his arm a firm squeeze © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited He said he surprisingly didn't feel any pain except for a…

As for going back in the water, the keen fisherman and diver says the incident will not deter him.

'It's never going to stop me. When you enter the sea you enter the food chain and not the top,' he said

Mr Waters says that he already had a tattoo of a previous shark that bit him and he is going to get one of a white tip shark in honour of the close call.

He thanked emergency services and hospital staff for their treatment.

https://www.msn.com
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2019 Shark Attacks and Shark Attack Related Incidents”