"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

10/05/2014 - Kevin Ross - Florida

We list all 2014 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2014 or Attack these include attacks and other shark related incidents for ocean goers safety...
alb

10/05/2014 - Kevin Ross - Florida

Post by alb »

NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) -A 15-year-old surfer from Maitland was bitten by a shark at about 11 a.m. Sunday, near the New Smyrna Beach jetty. About a half an hour later, Kevin Ross, 29, of Deltona, was also bitten about a mile down the beach while surfing.

Ross has 30 stitches in his foot after he said the shark grabbed him as he was paddling out to catch a wave.

“I never, ever, thought I'd be attacked by a shark,” Ross said. “When it grabbed me, I was like ‘Oh my God, I'm going to die! This shark is about to eat me in the water!' I was just trying to paddle and get back to shore as fast as I could, and I kept looking back to see if it was going to come back and get me.”

Ross was surfing around 11:30 a.m. at New Smyrna Beach in Florida near Flagler Avenue. He was paddling out to catch a new wave when he says something chomped down on his foot. It was a 4-foot shark, according to Volusia County Beach Patrol. Ross' friends saw the fin and the school of bait fish the shark was chasing when it mistook Ross' foot for one of them.

“I started paddling back and I had a wave push me back in a little bit, and when I got in, it was flayed open,” Ross said about his foot.

Ross was able to hobble out of the water and onto the sand where beachgoers put a towel around his foot until Beach Patrol could get him to Bert Fish Hospital.

Ross said the shark didn't rip any tendons. Doctors say he'll be back on his feet in a few weeks.

The 15-year-old was also bitten on the foot. His injuries are also non-life threatening.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2014 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2014 or Attack”