"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

08/09/2014 - Andrew Hindley - Bahamas

We list all 2014 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2014 or Attack these include attacks and other shark related incidents for ocean goers safety...
alb

08/09/2014 - Andrew Hindley - Bahamas

Post by alb »

Bull shark nibble marks for . Judging by the width of the jaw, I don't know if the culprit was "9-10'" but still, he's lucky it didn't do more nibbling.
-Chris
At the end of a succesful day of spearfishing and putting my spear in the boat to go home, I looked down and saw a hogfish. I asked for my spear back and decided to go after one too many...

Once I speared the hog fish, a 9-10 foot bullshark came from behind me (out of no where) and took a hold of my foot. It let go then went after the fish. After about 5 seconds with the fish it decided it wanted another bite, so it turned around and began chasing me to the boat which was about 30 feet away. I managed to kick it a few times with my un-bitten foot/ fin, and it eventually went on its way.

I'd like to thank Scott Vickers and Alexander Thompson for everything once onboard the boat. I'd also like to thank Dr. Kevin Bethel for going out of his way to stitch me up!
We were well prepared and had a first aid kit on board; we usually do not ( will always bring one from now on). This could have been a lot worse than it was; luck was on my side today.
08-09-2014-bahamas.jpg
Facebook
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2014 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2014 or Attack”