"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

06/06/2013 - Steven Adamson - Australia - No Injury

Recent Shark Attacks in 2013 and 2013 Shark Attacks and Related Incidents
alb

06/06/2013 - Steven Adamson - Australia - No Injury

Post by alb »

Shark tips rider off his board

CLOSE ENCOUNTER: Steven Adamson from Culburra Beach shows the teeth marks left in his surfboard by a shark.

A SHARK smashed into Culburra Beach surfer Steven Adamson’s surfboard, knocking him into the water and out of harm’s way, last Thursday.

Mr Adamson was surfing with a friend at Target Beach at about 4pm. They were the only two in the water and Mr Adamson had just started to paddle back out after catching a wave.

“We had been out for about 30 minutes and as I paddled out a shark hit my board hard,” he said.

“I had no idea it was there, or that it was coming. It hit my board from out of nowhere.

“It hit my board just forward of the middle. The hit threw me off and when I came up I saw my board in its mouth and it was thrashing from side to side.

“The guy I was with said the shark’s tail fin was out of the water thrashing around.

“He told me he thought I might have been bitten.

“I didn’t get a very good look, but my friend thought the shark might have been about six feet long.

“It all happened fast, I don’t know if I hit it but I touched it and it let go, I grabbed the board and got out of there quick.

“We both paddled to the rocks and got out.

“I’ve been surfing for 15 years and this is the first time I had seen a shark.

“I didn’t sleep very well that night, there were so many scenarios running through my mind.

“If it did get me there would have been nothing I could do. You hear of people saying punch a shark in an attack, but it hit my board so hard.”

He said while he had not had a chance to surf since, he was hoping to get back in the water as soon as possible.

“I’m not sure how I’ll feel when I get back in the water,” he said.

Source southcoastregister
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2013 Shark Attacks Recent Shark Attacks 2013”