"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

07/28/2007 Jordan Springer (California) No Injury

Shark Attack Survivors News Archive for Shark Attacks in 2007.
sharkbait
Site Admin

07/28/2007 Jordan Springer (California) No Injury

Post by sharkbait »

Imperial Beach — On July 28, 2007 Jordan Springer and Chris Campbell were surfing near the pier at Imperial Beach, San Diego. It was 11:00 PM and they had been on the water about 30 minutes. They were about 50 yards from shore in water 6 – 8 feet deep. Water temperature was in the low 70’s with a cloudy sky and a full moon. Springer recounted; “About 2 minutes prior to the attack my friend Chris told me to keep my feet out of the water because he had seen some fish jumping around. I was paddling out at the time of the attack with my left hand in the air to do my next stroke. I saw something out of the corner of my eye and the next thing I knew there was a shark on my surf board. It had a hold of my surfboard so I just hit it as hard as I could. It let go and disappeared beneath the water and I swam out of the water as quickly as possible. I was not injured.” Ocean water activities after sunset are not recommended for any ocean user group. Some sharks migrate close inshore at sunset, increasing the possibility of an encounter. Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/p ... k_news.htm

Return to “2007 Reported Shark Attacks”