"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

12/15/2007 Scott Wright (Australia) possible HOAX!!!

Shark Attack Survivors News Archive for Shark Attacks in 2007.
sharkbait
Site Admin

Re: 12/15/2007 Scott Wright (Australia) possible HOAX!!!

Post by sharkbait »

Dumb-dumb dumb-dumb: shark bite claim shattered

Jano Gibson
December 20, 2007 - 3:20PM

A shark attack at Bondi Beach, which made headlines around the world, never occurred and the man who made the claim has been arrested for theft, sources have told smh.com.au.

Scott Wright had told reporters on the weekend that he thought he was a "goner" after being bitten on the arm by a shark on Friday night.

The last attack at Bondi was 70 years ago.

Even as late as today lifeguards at Bondi thought a wobbegong shark might have been responsible

But sources have told smh.com.au that Wright injured himself when his arm went through a glass window - several days before the alleged shark attack.

It was only on Saturday morning, after a woman asked how he received his injuries that he said he was bitten by a shark, the sources said.

He was treated for his injuries and received dozens of stitches at Sydney hospital.

smh.com.au can also reveal that Wright is currently in jail after appearing in a Sydney court yesterday on car theft and robbery charges that allegedly were committed in Bondi sometime between Monday night and Tuesday - after the alleged shark attack.

He did not apply for bail and has been ordered to appear in court on February 18.

When news broke about the alleged shark mauling, Wright claimed he made his way ashore where he had passed out from the pain on some rocks.

He lay there until the morning when he was found by his girlfriend.

"The shark attacked me, grabbed hold of my arm and wouldn't let go," Mr Wright told the Ten Network. "So I ended up punching him in the nose and trying to fight him off.

"I thought I was a goner, I thought I was gonna die."

Bondi lifeguards have said they often see sharks in deeper water off the beach, but rarely close in.

Detective Inspector Jason Smith at Waverley police station said the alleged shark attack had not been reported to police.

"We don't know how he sustained those injuries at this point in time,'' he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/dum ... 47692.html
sharkbait
Site Admin

Re: 12/15/2007 Scott Wright (Australia)

Post by sharkbait »

Hoax by criminal

Swimmer fights off shark at Bondi

Lucky ... survivor Scott Wright from Hobart.
Photo: Channel Ten

Caroline Marcus
December 16, 2007

A SWIMMER has been attacked by a shark at Bondi Beach, leaving him with deep gouges to his elbow and forearm.

Scott Wright, 34, of Hobart, was swimming at south Bondi when he felt a shark bite into his arm about 8.30pm on Friday.

He made his way ashore, where he passed out in a cave that he had temporarily made home with a mattress and his belongings.

Mr Wright said he was found by his girlfriend on the beach yesterday morning.

"The shark attacked me, grabbed hold of my arm and wouldn't let go," he said.

"So I ended up punching him in the nose and trying to fight him off.

"I thought I was a goner. I thought I was gonna die."

Lifeguards were notified at 10.45am yesterday and an ambulance crew called, treating the man for lacerations and shock and taking him to hospital.

Lifeguards said they often see sharks in deeper water but the fish rarely make it through the nets and threaten bathers.

The last attack at Bondi Beach was 70 years ago.

"He went swimming in the dark, which we strongly discourage," lifeguard Ryan Clark said.

"We have no idea what type of shark it was but, judging by some of the lacerations, it was probably under six feet [1.8 metres]."

Several surfers The Sun-Herald spoke to at Bondi yesterday were unaware there had been an attack.

Lifeguards said they did not make any public warnings or beach closures as those measures were carried out only directly following a sighting.

Meanwhile, a shark scared surfers out of the water at Dixon Park Beach, Newcastle, yesterday.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/swi ... 35519.html
sharkbait
Site Admin

12/15/2007 Scott Wright (Australia) possible HOAX!!!

Post by sharkbait »

A total lie - this guy is a criminal who put his arm through a window, but blamed shark SYDNEY - A shark attacked a swimmer at Australia’s Bondi Beach, leaving him with deep bite marks on his arm before he fought it off by punching it on the nose, local media report.

Picture of shark attack liar - criminal
Picture of shark attack liar - criminal
scottwright.jpg (35.03 KiB) Viewed 18964 times
Shark attack at Bondi beach

AFP Published:Dec 15, 2007

SYDNEY - A shark attacked a swimmer at Australia’s Bondi Beach, leaving him with deep bite marks on his arm before he fought it off by punching it on the nose, local media report.

Channel Ten news said Scott Wright was enjoying a Friday night swim at the Sydney beach, which attracts thousands of tourists every day, when felt the shark latch on to his arm.

Wright told the network that he fought off the shark, then made his way to shore but passed out on some rocks, where his girlfriend found him hours later on Saturday morning.

"The shark attacked me, grabbed hold of my arm and wouldn’t let go," Wright told Ten. So I ended up punching him in the nose and trying to fight him off.

"I thought I was a goner, I thought I was going to die."

Ten reported that it was believed to be the first shark attack at Bondi Beach in 70 years.

Bondi lifeguards told the network that they often saw sharks in deeper water but rarely close to the beach.

One lifeguard, who didn’t give his name, said Wright could have been killed if the shark had been bigger.

"That’s a shark," the lifeguard said, referring to Wright’s arm injuries.

"Not a big one, because he wouldn’t have had his arm left."

Wright was expected to undergo surgery on his arm on Saturday night.

http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=662384

Return to “2007 Reported Shark Attacks”